Followers

Monday, May 2, 2011

Shorts Uber Goober Oatmeal Stout



I am back, how exciting! In my absence, I have had many excellent beers.

One of the more odd beers I encountered includes a Sweet stout brewed with peanuts.

Brewery: Shorts Brewing Co.
Beer: Uber Goober
Style: Sweet Stout
ABV: 6.5%
IBU: ?
Price: ?

This beer pours a very very dark brown with a thin tan head. Aroma is full of peanuts and chocolate nibs. Aroma is robust with a strong roasty presence. Taste is bitter from roastiness, with a slight sweetness to it. Body is medium with a creamy texture. The finish is surprisingly dry and not very clingy, making this an easy beer to drink. Nicely Balanced and very interesting, though it feels like the chocolate and peanuts didn't combined as well as I was hoping.

BTW: Yes, that is a peanut wearing a cape on the label. (lol)

Aroma: 7/10
Appearance: 4/5
Taste: 7/10
Palate: 4/5
Overall Score: 15/20

Final Score: 37/50

No comments:

Post a Comment