Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Great Lakes Holy Moses White Ale

Even though it doesn't feel like summer where I live, why not buy a 12 of a local summer seasonal and have a good time. ^_^

Brewery: Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Beer: Holy Moses White Ale
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
ABV: 5.4%
IBU: 30
Price: $9 6-pk 12oz/$16 12-pk 12oz

This beer pours a straw color with a fingers worth of head. Aroma is spicy with notes of coriander and citrus. Flavor is full of wheat, coriander, and a hint of orange. Body is light with an average amount of carbonation. Finish is dry and lightly spiced. I'm not a huge fan of wheat beers, but this one seems to do a good job of covering up what I dislike (or there's not much wheat in it). As I'm writing this I'm on my 3rd bottle and has yet to become dull, (easy to drink).

Aroma: 6/10
Appearance: 4/5
Taste: 7/10
Palate: 4/5
Overall Score: 13/20

Final Score: 34/30

No comments:

Post a Comment